Friday, August 15, 2014

Fall Leaves Crochet Earrings

Adorable Maple Leaf Crochet Earrings!

This past weekend I picked up some new hooks at JoAnn's to mix things up a bit. I have big hooks, medium sized hooks, but I wanted to try out the tiny hooks! Brave. I know. I also picked up some thread to try out.

I found this pretty thread and instantly thought "fall!" What is a symbol of fall? Leaves! And since our recent visit to Canada I thought that a maple leaf might be a good choice of leaf to start with.

After a little "research" (Pinterest/Google images) I found this free pattern that is made with just regular yarn. I gave it a go and found the pattern very easy to follow and to make. I also copied and paste it below for reference.

After making one of these little guys, I couldn't resist and made a few more. Then the inspiration hit me to turn them into earrings. I use to dabble a little in jewelry making and beading so I found my old supplies and got to work!

Here's is what resulted:

Maple Leaf Earrings!

This picture gives you an idea of how small they ended up.



Maple Leaf Pattern:

Colorful Maple Leaves worsted weight yarn ***(I used Lisbeth thread size 20)
hook 4mm ***(I used a size 1.5mm hook or size 7)
optionally one split ring stitch markers

st, sts-stitch, stitches
sp, sps-space, spaces
ch-chain
sl st-slip stitch
sc-single crochet
dc-double crochet
tr-treble crochet
picot-chain 3, sl st in back bump of 3rd ch from hook


Base ring:
ch7, join with sl st to form circle

Round 1
ch1 (doesn't count as sc), 15 sc around, join with sl st in first sc, put marker in st just made, do not turn
Round 2
ch2, dc in next st, ch2, sl st in each of next 2 sts,
*ch3, tr in next st, ch3, sl st in each of next two sts* 3 times
ch2, dc in next st, ch2, sl st in next st
Steam

ch 10, starting in 4th ch from hook sl st in back bump of each ch  across , sl st in marked st (remove marker)
Round 3
2sc in next ch2 sp, sc in next dc, picot, sc in next ch2 sp
3sc in next ch3 sp, sc in next tr, picot, 3sc in next ch3 sp
4sc in next ch3 sp, sc in next tr, picot, 3sc in next ch3 sp
3sc in next ch3 sp, sc in next tr, picot, 3sc in next ch3 sp
2sc in next ch2 sp, sc in next dc, picot, 2sc in next ch2 sp
sl st in last st before steam
Pattern Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment